Urban planners call this “livability.” Longtime residents just call it “home.”
Welcome To Grady County
We welcome you to explore our community. | View The Full Report
The total regional population for Grady County Georgia is 25,359.
Every day people discover Cairo and Grady County in the heart of southwest Georgia.
Cairo, conveniently situated on the Georgia-Florida state line, was incorporated in 1870 and has a rich history of explorers, pioneers, and settlers who have made the area home for hundreds of years.
The Red Hills region’s farmland and timber provide a scenic backdrop for a quaint small town, outstanding quality of life, friendly neighbors and community spirit.
Whether you are a business owner, prospective resident, new employee or first-time visitor, we know you will love the Cairo and Grady County area.
- A wide range of affordable housing
- Excellent schools, a technical college
- Modern hospital and medical facilities
- Public & private employment opportunities
- Diverse religious offerings
- Parks and recreation programs
- Public library, Museum & History Center
- Downtown shopping
Our Quality Of Life
Known as “The Hospitality City.”
Grady County and is located 30 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida. Our area offers the best of two worlds: Our citizens are within traveling distance to the amenities of a college town and capital city as well as the surrounding national forests, wildlife refuges, and gulf coast beaches.
Things To Do In Grady County
- Lake Seminole (~45 minutes)
- Gulf of Mexico & Beaches (~60 minutes)
- Golf (Cairo Country Club & Valley Pines Golf Club)
- Hunting & Fishing
- Hiking, Paddling, Biking
- Birdsong Nature Center
- Trout Lilies Bloom – February
- Championship High School Football – Fall
- Rattlesnake Roundup – January
- Great Southern Antique Car Rally – May
- Halloween Downtown Merchants – October
- Calvary Mule Day – November
- Cairo Christmas Parade – December
Major national and international corporations have located facilities in our community. Cairo-Grady County offers access to local, regional, national and global markets.
- Light Manufacturing to Recycling Companies
- Agribusiness to Bioscience
- Warehousing to Distribution Hubs
- Green Technology Companies to Composite Materials
- Automotive Parts to Fresh & Saltwater Boat Building
- Apparel to Furniture Manufacturing
- Forest & Timber Products
Grady County is a strategic tri-state location ideal for new business and expansion opportunities.
The Amenities include:
- Comprehensive building and site inventories
- An abundance of land offering
- State of the art technology, communications infrastructure
- Adaptive re-use of architecturally and historically distinctive properties
- Access to global markets
- History of food processing, agriculture, manufacturing
- The community’s commitment to support numerous academic and technical training programs
- Commercial and industrial parks
- A vibrant downtown shopping district
Here is a sentence that will explain a little more about this section.